Sunday 30 June 2013

Triple Chocolate Muffins


Unfortunately, this will be my last post for a week or two because I'm going on holiday next week! I've already bookmarked some lovely looking cake shops to try though so I might attempt to feature a couple of them on here when I come back. Until then, I decided I needed fuel to pack and organise all of my holiday things, so chocolate muffins made an appearance.



These are really tasty but not too sweet, which is normally what puts me off chocolate muffins. Using melted dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder gives quite a nice marbled effect in the cake and makes them less rich than standard triple chocolate muffins.



The melted chocolate also makes sure they're quite moist, especially with the milk as well. These are definitely a bit of an indulgence bake but perfect if you need some energy for packing like I did!


Ingredients

100g dark cooking chocolate
300g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g dark muscovado sugar
250ml milk
50g melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
50g milk chocolate chips
50g white chocolate chips

Recipe

1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
2) Break the dark chocolate into a bowl and heat over a pan of simmering water until melted.
3) Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, then in a separate bowl, mix the muscovado sugar, melted chocolate, butter, milk and eggs.
4) Carefully fold the wet mix into the dry mix then stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Spoon the mixture into a lined 12-hole muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6) Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment