This is definitely a cake for you if you like almonds or marzipan. Just the smell of the crushed amaretti biscuits made me automatically think of a Bakewell tart!
It's quite a summer-y cake as well, so if the weather is looking a bit miserable then this should perk you up a bit with the fresh raspberries. Just serve it with some more raspberries and cream and you can pretend it's warm and sunny outside!
175g soft butter
175g caster sugar
140g self-raising flour
85g ground almonds
140g amaretti biscuits, roughly broken
1) Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas mark 3 and butter a line a 20cm round cake tin.
2) Put the butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour and almonds into a large bowl and beat until all ingredients are well mixed.
3) Spread half of the cake mixture into the lined tin then scatter half of the amaretti biscuits and a third of the raspberries.
4) Very lightly press into the cake mixture then dollop tablespoons of the remaining mixture carefully over the amaretti and raspberries.
5) Scatter the remaining amaretti and another third of the raspberries over the top.
6) Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7) Cool for 15 minutes in the tin then allow to cool on a wire rack.
8) Serve with the remaining raspberries.