I didn't make the pastry myself I'm afraid, a combination of laziness and impending oral exam, but ready-made pastry is still really good and it definitely saves you time if you have a family.
It's also really good cold the next day for lunches, so if you have some left-over don't be afraid to put it in your packed lunch!
350g puff pastry
454g sausage meat
3 tbsp cranberry sauce
1 small cooking apple, peeled and grated
1 tsp dried sage
1 beaten egg, to glaze
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas mark 6.
2) Roll of the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle around 20cm x 30cm.
3) Place the sausage meat, cranberry sauce, apple and sage in a bowl and season well.
4) Mix the ingredients together then form into a rectangular shape in the centre on the pastry.
5) Cut slits into the pastry at a diagonal angle, 1.5cm apart at both sides of the sausage meat.
6) Fold the top end of the pastry over the meat, then alternately cross the cut pastry over, to form a plait effect.
7) Carefully lift onto a floured baking tray then brush with the beaten egg.
8) Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, until the pastry is golden.