Monday 24 June 2013

Apple Crumble

I've been a bit busy recently as I've now moved out of my student house and back home, so my past week or so has been cleaning and packing! I did manage to make this apple crumble for the boyfriend as a bit of a surprise for him though. I love a good apple crumble with custard, and they're so easy to make that it didn't matter that I was quite busy. 


Apple and cinnamon is one of my favourite combinations and the freshness of the apples in this means that it's still quite a light and summer-y dessert. They're really cheap as well, you can buy tinned apples for less than a pound and it's an easy way to get one of your 5-a-day. I added oats to the crumble topping to give it a bit more texture and I definitely recommend making this as a bit of a treat for dessert or for entertaining.

Ingredients

Crumble:-
150g plain flour
85g muscovado sugar
100g butter
Handful of oats (depending on personal taste)
Teaspoon of cinnamon
Filling:-
1 tin of dessert apples
2 tablespoons of muscovado sugar
Teaspoon of cinnamon

Recipe

1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4.
2) Place the flour, cinnamon, and sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
3) Add the butter and mix with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the oats.
4) Place the apples in your crumble dish and sprinkles on the sugar and cinnamon, ensuring they are all covered equally.
5) Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
7) Allow to cool for a few minutes then serve with custard or cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment