I thought I'd embrace some more Easter baking this week and chocolate is easily available around Easter! Adding the mini eggs to these cupcakes gives them a really nice sticky texture compared to just using standard chocolate chips. It definitely gives them a bit of an edge over standard cupcakes!
100g softened butter
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
100g self-raising flour
2 tbsp milk
100g crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs (don't worry if there are some bigger pieces of egg. It's always nice to have different sizes to give the cakes more texture!)
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5 and line a 12-hole bun tin with 12 cases.
2) Place the butter, sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl and beat together until smooth.
3) Add the milk if the mixture is a bit dry. I always like adding a bit of milk as it makes the cakes really moist.
4) Fold in the crushed Mini Eggs then spoon the mixture into the cases.
5) Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until springy to the touch.
6) Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.