I got the recipe from the BBC Good Food website a couple of years ago but I’m not sure if it’s still on there, so I’ll post it on here if you want to try it :)
225g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Recipe1) Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a 20cm cake tin.
2) Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
3) Gradually add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract with a tablespoon of flour each time.
4) Divide the mix between 2 bowls and add the cocoa powder to one of the bowls.
5) Spoon two or three tablespoons of each mixture into the cake tin, making sure to create some layers.
6) Place a knife in the mixture and swirl around a few times to create a marbled effect.
7) Tap the tin against the worktop to remove any air bubbles then place in the oven for 1 hour. (It said on the recipe 45-55 minutes but I always find checking on the cake by sticking a knife into it the best option! If it comes out clean
then it’s done)
8) Take from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
And this is what it looked like before and after! :)