Tuesday 13 August 2013

Baklava

This is a bit of a fake post really because I haven't actually baked anything! I have, however, been in Greece for the past week and developed a love for baklava. I'm not a lover of nuts, but there is something about baklava that I absolutely adored. It's most likely the copious amount of syrup they are coated in but I just love the way the syrup mingles with the filo pastry and makes it quite chewy. Here is the baklava I fell in love with:-



I was complaining all week that I hadn't managed to try any and so on the last day I finally did and it tasted as good as it looked. So much so, that I regret leaving it until the last day and have decided to try and recreate it myself. Fingers crossed I can provide a dessert worthy of the baklava name in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment